2 in 1 week!

Friday, May 30, 2008




I don't think my CKMB friends know just how much they have cheered me up this week! I got two puzzle pieces - one from Latrice (Scrap Addict 13) and one from Joscie (AKA Joscie!). I have met Latrice twice - the first time we met at IKEA and did some power shopping. Leea, Latrice and I had lots of fun shopping and giving the man who worked there a hard time when he took our picture. hehe The last time I saw Latrice was at CKC in St. Louis. We had dinner together with a couple of other CKMB girls (Christie & Nikki), which was lots of fun. I found out AFTER I met Latrice that her DH is from a town only 14 miles from where I live. Its a small world, huh? She is such a sweet and fun girl and loves scrapbooking as much as I do. I hope her scrapbook wishes come true - I know she would love for it to become a profession for her. That would be so cool to make money at something you love. My other piece came all the way from Hawaii, which is where Joscie lives. I can't imagine how exciting it would be to live in Hawaii and to be able to experience it every single day of your life. I hope to visit Hawaii some day - though the long plane ride across the ocean does scare me a bit! I have never met Joscie, but would love to someday! She has such talent and is so creative. I love seeing all the things she posts on CKMB and on her blog - her ideas are so fun! I just love these puzzle pieces - aren't they the cutest?!? Latrice's piece has 3 things I love - bling, pink/yellow color combo, and flowers! Plus the "Girlfriends" on the front is pretty special too! Joscie's piece is also one of my favorite colors - brown! I always feel funny saying that is one of my favorite colors - but it really is. Don't you love the little yellow flowers with the sparkly centers? And that adorable Pop Culture flower border? And best of all - I have my very own "flat Joscie". LOL These pieces have really cheered me up lately. I have been pretty stressed worrying about my DD's upcoming surgery and tests, and also the fact that I may be job-less in a few weeks. We went to Chicago last week for a second opinion for my DD and are going to have the surgery there at Children's Memorial Hospital. She was diagnosed with yet another problem last week -tethered cord. I am not sure when the surgery will be but I am guessing pretty quickly. We go next week for tests and to see a second surgeon who will help the first one we saw last week. I feel she is in good hands and with the surgeons and God's help, she will be in good health soon. Any and all prayers would be greatly appreciated!





1 comments:

Nikki said...

You and your family are in my prayers, please keep me informed. And if there is anything i can do please yet me know. I know we live many miles away from each other but, if you just need to talk let me know. You can PM me and i'll give you my #! God be with you and your loved ones!

OH, and i love all the puzzle pc., can't wait to see it all put together! -Nikki