A Spring-y birthday weekend!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Today is the first day of Spring! YAY! If it weren’t for tornado season, Spring would be just about perfect! Its really my favorite time of year. I can’t wait until the grass turns green and there are leaves on the trees and flowers blooming. It won’t be long now! This weekend we celebrated my son’s 18th birthday.  I swear I just gave birth to him yesterday  . . . at least it seems like it! On our birthdays we pick wherever we want to go for a meal. He chose Cheesecake Factory. We don’t have one near us so we headed to St. Louis, or St. “Louie” as our GPS referred to it as. LOL My daughter was on spring break last week – she flew all by herself to Florida (yes – I was a nervous wreck!!!). She flew out of St. “Louie” and came back last night, so she stayed at a friend’s house nearby and met us for our birthday celebration. I love when the whole family is together (it doesn’t happen too often anymore, with my daughter in college!).  So she arrived first and told them it was her brother’s birthday and asked them to sing to him. He HATES that. Which she probably knew and did on purpose. After all, whats a big sister for? heehee So, after singing to him, they brought him this:

DSC_2877

He didn’t like the singing part, but had no problem wolfing the little dessert down. haha

Other than that, its been a pretty nice, relaxing weekend.  Yesterday I decided I wanted to try out the Sure Cuts a Lot that I bought a while ago. I found a site that had some cute word art and you could pick sayings in different languages. So since my husband is Italian I looked up some Italian sayings. I found this one and decided to cut it out and put it in my foyer:   DSC_2883

I think it turned out pretty cute! I used Renaissance font and cut it on brown vinyl. It means “Welcome to our home”! I REALLY love the V – I can’t believe it all cut out without ripping with all those swirls!

Well – thats it for now. I will leave you all with a cute picture I took of my little dog this morning. I took this with my 90 mm macro just because it was on my camera at the time!

DSC_2866 oopy_edited-1

Hope you all had a great weekend. Here’s to a speedy work week so we can all enjoy another great weekend! (Yes – I truly do wish my life away!!!).

Talk to you soon!

signature with camera

1 comments:

Katrina Hunt said...

that dessert looks yummy!!! And Lexi, well....can she get any cuter??? can't wait!!!! hugs, Katrina