Spring has sprung!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

FINALLY! Its finally spring! It has been hinting at coming but I think its finally here – and my trees are blooming to prove it! I have a flowering cherry tree in my front yard which I love to see bloom. I went out this past week and took some pics of the blooms. It looks so pretty when it blooms with the tiny little pink flowers. (you can see some pics below – in a LO I did of them) I know I’ve said it before but I just love spring. If it weren't for tornados it would be perfect. It always seems like when the weather turns warmer, I feel more like scrapbooking. I just recently went to a convention in St. Louis with my friends Nikki and Katrina. We had so much fun! I had this vision of taking all kinds of photos though and came back with just a handful! It really was a ton of fun though. We spent a LOT of the time in our room scrapbooking. It looked like a scrapbook store exploded in the room – we had so much stuff in there that we all needed carts to take it in and out from our cars. LOL Of course, along with the scrapbooking there was the vendor fair to shop at! And if its one thing scrapbookers do well its shop for stuff to scrap! LOL For a while, I had lost my love for scrapbooking. It made me sad, so I am so glad to be back to it, enjoying it again!

Here is Nikki and me, playing with her new Ipad2 photobooth app!

Nikki & Me copy

And here are Katrina, Nikki and me at the crop!

3 of us at CKC

Since coming home, I have continued to work on getting more layouts done. Because I had taken so many photos of my cherry tree, I decided to do a layout of them. I was in hobby lobby the other day and found this gorgeous My Minds Eye paper and wanted to use it for this layout. Here are some pics of it:

DSC_3757 DSC_3762 DSC_3764

I used a little bit of everything on this LO. Tons of Prima flowers, some little rhinestone and pearls for the centers of the flowers, some Prima swirly pearls, and I used some new mists that I just bought at the convention. They are Mister Huey from Studio Calico. I used Piglet for the flowers, and Lunch Tray for the flower leaves, and the word spring in the title. I love these mists. I had never tried them before, and Katrina told me how much she liked them, so I came home with 6 bottles from the convention. haha They have really fun colors too. One of their mists is from the State Fair line and its called Hot Dog. LOL  I met Kelly Purkey at the Studio Calico booth. I have always loved her scrapbook style, and she use to live in Chicago, so I thought it was fun to actually meet her. She is always published in some scrap book or magazine – she has so much talent.

In between cropping and scrapbooking, I also just recently took some pictures of my nephew's little boy He just turned 2. I may be prejudiced but I think he is just the cutest little thing! Here are a couple of my favorites:

  aaden1watermarked1 DSC_3260_edited-2copy  

I was kinda nervous about taking his photos because I felt kinda rusty – I haven’t taken an actual person’s photos in quite a while! I think they turned out cute though. I was kinda surprised because I have been trying forever to get some good ones of my son for his senior pics and am having a really hard time getting some that I am pleased with. Maybe because he is my son and I am trying too hard! haha

Anyway – hope you are all enjoying your spring days! Have a great week!

signature with camera

0 comments: