In the mood to make something!

Friday, January 20, 2012

I have been on Pinterest for a while now. I have to say I am probably addicted to it. I absolute love it. There have been so many times when I have found a website that I thought was cool and either forgot to bookmark it, or then my bookmarks just disappeared into thin air (yes, I know I should have backed them up!). So Pinterest is a way to bookmark every cool thing I find on the internet. But not only can I bookmark what I find cool, I can also bookmark something cool that someone else has found! So if you aren't on Pinterest, you should probably check it out! Anyway - on to making things. On Pinterest I searched for a craft desk. I found a few that look like the thousand dollar PB desk, only way cheaper. So I got the brilliant idea to do it myself. I am known for my bright ideas that never seem to materialize - or don't turn out as planned. Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed here and hoping this particular project turns out as planned, because if it does it will provide me with a LOT more storage in my scraproom, and as all scrapbookers know - storage is a GOOD thing! So for the last 2 weeks (by the way - in all the tutorials they say this can be done in a weekend - well apparently I am really slow. haha), I have been working on this desk. I hope to have it finished by the end of this weekend. I have made countless trips to Menards and Lowes (our only home improvement stores in town). Lowes, by the way, is the only store that will cut wood for you. I think Home Depot will too, but I am not near one. So if you decide to do a desk yourself and do not own an arsenal of saws or don't want to risk the danger of using one, then find a store that will cut it for you. I have found that some of the hardware store people are helpful and some just roll their eyes at me because I have no clue what I am doing (well that only happened once - and maybe I imagined it - but still). So when it is all done I will post some pics. I am getting way excited about it though because while I had a good desk before, it just wasn't as functional as it could be and this one will be! Stay tuned!

0 comments: