I interrupt this regularly scheduled Sunday for an important announcement . . .

Sunday, August 21, 2011

I scrapped this weekend! LOL I haven’t scrapped in a LONG time and it felt good to get out the paper and glue! I worked on a layout of my daughter’s college graduation. I had already printed out the pictures for this particular layout a while ago but just never could get the motivation to do the pages. I lifted the design from a layout that was on the Scrapbook Generations site. This is the local scrapbook store in Springfield, MO that holds all of my friend Nikki’s Sivils’ events. They have a great store, and if you are in the area, stop in and do some shopping! The ladies there are awesome! Anyway – the design was perfect for this layout because I had just the right number and size of photos and that almost never happens! Here’s a picture of the whole layout (minus the corner that I accidentally cropped out of the photo. heehee):

DSC_6780

The paper is a random bunch of paper I had laying around. the darker purple is Basic Grey swiss dots, and the purple patterned is some that I got at Michaels a while back.

Here is a picture of the date stamp. I had won this a while ago through my friend Katrina, and Unity Stamps. I love this date stamp so much, but don’t use it often because its on the larger size, but it really is a cute stamp. I did do some embellishing to it, though. I stamped the date stamp on white cardstock, then cut out a yellow scalloped circle with my Cricut Mini Monograms, to frame it. Then I cut out a smaller circle to put in the middle (this actually covers up part of the stamp that are the days of the week). Then I used a Fiskars paw punch and punched first in white and then in a purple stripe to sort of layer it. I also stitched around the inner circle with yellow and white twine. I told you I was feeling crafty. LOL  The border punch is a Martha Stewart punch. Oh – and I used my Thickers to put the ‘11 on the bottom corner.

DSC_6782

For the WIU, these are foam letters that I had purchased way back when my daughter first went to WIU. There is a scapbook store about 7 miles away from where she went to school. We discovered this by accident one day. It was a happy surprise. LOL The black letters are Thickers. I love this font. I also used some black bling (can’t remember the brand right now but its at Michaels!). I attempted to make a black tiny paw print out of the bling as well. The little diploma is a Studio G stamp stamped on yellow paper and cut out, and then outlined with my glitter pen.

DSC_6783DSC_6784

The font used on the journaling is from Kevin & Amanda – its Milk & Cereal. The heart is a different font – its called Efon.  Who knows where I got it, but I use Dafont a lot, so maybe there. I love downloading fonts.

You can now carry on with your Sunday! Just wanted to make this grand announcement because who knows when it will happen again. Talk to you soon!

signature with camera

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool Kim! I'd love to be able to spend time doing it, I'm afraid of the addiction though, lololol!

Dottie :)