A wonderful but exhausting Saturday!

Saturday, April 25, 2009

What a great Saturday! Its been sunny, warm and windy. Just a really beautiful day. I sat outside on my swing for a while this afternoon and just soaked up the wonderful weather! I love spring - such a beautiful time of year! I have been SOOOO tired today - I went to my first crop yesterday/last night- I scrapped for 12 hours straight and had a lot of fun. My friend, Sandy, invited me to go and I am glad she did - I finished a 8 x 8 recipe book that I had been wanting to do. So far there are only 10 recipes in it, but they are ones that I am always using. Most of them are from my MIL who was a wonderful cook. They are probably old italian recipes handed down from her mother. (Of course, I can't cook nearly as well as she did!) I scrapped until 3:00 this morning and got home around 3:30! Sam felt it necessary to wake me up at 8:30 because I think he was a little tiffed that I got home so late. Lets just say I hope I remember this if he ever gets home that late. I'd love to pay him back. haha

I am cooking dinner right now - we are having sausage, brats and twice baked potatoes. I am suddenly very hungry!

Hope you are all having a wonderful day! Talk to you soon!
Steph

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kim!

Don't we all need a girls night out?

I used to do it all the time, it's harder now with my stupid ankle--too bad there isn't ankle replacement surgery!

We were outside with the boys planting, mowing and yes the boys had to help--they thought they were going to die! Kirsten had volunteered to work at the business expo--mostly senior citizen stuff, but one of her teachers asked her for help--what could she say--she's such a good kid. The boys have done time volunteering too, especially Kris, he got stuck into the senior citizen dance and had to dance with all the grannies. lololol. Let's just say he wasn't a terribly happy camper.

Have a great Sunday!!

Dottie :)