YAY - ITS FRIDAY!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Wow has it been a loooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg week! I started my new job this week. Monday I had 4 hours of training, and then worked for 2 1/2 hours. Tuesday - day off. YAY. Wednesday - 1 hour of training and then work. Thursday and Friday work all day. Well let me just say - I literally made NO money this week. When I added it up I wanted to cry. This getting paid for what you actually DO sucks. I have been spoiled getting an hourly wage at all my other jobs - LOL I do realize it was my first week and I have to learn everything. Plus I have been doing some work that I have never done before so its been a big learning experience. But still - the whole money thing is looming over my head. I still have a couple of weeks while I get my severance pay to see if this will work out. Time will tell. I DO, however, love working from home. I can sleep in a bit later because there is no commuting, I can sit at my computer while my little dog sits next to me, I can wear sweats and slippers and no one is going to care. So it does have its perks. If it weren't for those darn things called bills . . . why does everything have to be so hard financially these days anyway? I know its not just us - its all over these days.
OK - I didn't intend to start rambling about jobs and money. Sorry about that. Other things I have been busy doing this week include the new Stories In Hand class with Jessica Sprague. She is one amazingly talented lady. This class is so cool. I spent Monday and Tuesday putting a cute little book together with ideas on gathering stories - stories about life, family, and other things in between. I have to say when I first started reading all the prompts in the Roots section I started to worry a bit. My childhood was not a bed of roses. I saw all the questions and thought - do I really WANT to remember all that? haha But I think there are some stories that I will want to document for my kids to read someday. Now that most of my older relatives are gone, I have very few people who can help me learn more about my parents and what their lives were like as kids. It would be interesting to know these things and now I may never know. So this class will help me document things so that my own kids will have at least some things that they will know about me when I was little! For all of you who are taking the class too - I hope you come up with some fun stories to share with your families as well! OK - enough rambling for one day - its getting late and I am tired! I hope you all have a great weekend. I sure intend to!!! Talk to you soon!

0 comments: