Some things I love right now . . .

Monday, January 28, 2013

Hello. I am pretty sure anyone who actually read my blog has given up on me, and I don’t blame them! I haven’t blogged in almost  year. I guess you could say I had blog burnout. I just didn’t feel like I had anything to write about – or anything anyone would be interested in. But honestly, I didn’t blog because I thought I had interesting things to share. I blogged because I look at it as sort of a journal – albeit a public one. So here I am – almost a year later, blogging again. I thought that in an attempt to get back into blogging, rather than sharing things in a traditional paragraph style, I’d just list some things that I am loving this month! So here are some things that some to mind:

1. Even though I have had some glitches with it, I am loving my new Iphone 5 that I got in the fall. I think what I love most about it is Siri. I love that I can text while driving. HA Yes – I know, its not safe to text and drive, and I’m pretty sure its illegal where I live. But with Siri I can talk and it turns to text. So cool!  That way I can keep my eyes on the road and still send a text – if its really important enough! LOL Oh – and I also love that if I ask Siri a question she tries her best to help me out! If I want to find something near me, all I have to do is ask her to find it. If I want a phone number, I ask her first before I start searching the internet myself.

2. I got an Instax camera for Christmas. First I ordered the 50s – a black one. I had until January 31 to return it. I really had no plans on returning it – until . . . I saw that a new one had come out in YELLOW. I love yellow. I always have. My favorite shade is a pretty buttery color. So the Instax Mini 8 is in pastel colors – and when I saw the yellow one, I knew I had to have it. It was love at first sight!!!

3. I had lunch with my brother last weekend, and I had my sister-in-law take a picture of the two of us with my fancy schmancy cute little yellow camera. She liked it so much she wants one now too. ha Anyway – I decided to make a layout of the picture. Its one of those layouts that every time I look at it, I laugh. It really cracks me up. I’ll post a picture when I can – right now I only have one on my phone . ..

4. I am enjoying the Bachelor. I always watch it and the Bachelorette. I know its really cheesy and the couples very rarely stay together. But maybe it’s the romantic in me – I love watching it anyway. This season I was looking forward to it REALLY bad – because Sean is the bachelor. I think he is just the cutest, sweetest, most genuine guy I have ever seen. At least on TV he is. LOL I felt that way about Ben on the last Bachelor. Then I realized he was not that great of a guy IMO. But so far Sean has not disappointed me. Whoever ends up with that man is one lucky girl!

5. Today was an unusually warm day – highs in the upper 50’s and tomorrow is going to be lower 60’s. I am loving the “spring” days that we are having in January. I know it won’t last but I am loving it while its here!

6. Right now, I’ve been taking a little break from photography. It seems that if I am really into scrapbooking, photography takes a backseat. If I am really into photography, scrapbooking takes a back seat. So right now, I’m taking a break from photography. Not that I don’t pick up my camera and take a picture here and there, but being super serious about it is just not happening right now. I won’t say that I love that – but I will say it just feels right for the moment. I do love that I have 2 hobbies that really make me happy, even if I have to alternate them!

7.  I got a cold a couple of weeks ago. Every time I get a cold, I get a cough too. It starts out as just a little cough and almost always turns into a constant one. So one thing I love when I get this is Cheratussin. This cough medicine is the BEST. The only problem is I can only take it at night because it has codeine in it. But once I take it I am knocked out and don’t cough at all during the night. Its seriously the BEST medicine for a cough – ever.

8. I love when my family is all together. This doesn’t happen very often at all. With my daughter living 2 hours away and my son always gone working or with friends, He can’t wait to move out, and I understand. He’s almost 20 and has been going to college here in town – so he really hasn’t been able to experience the true college life. I am getting a taste of what an empty nest is going to be like. I am not liking that feeling at all. But when my daughter was home at Christmas, I loved it. We were all together again. My kids are my world – they make me so very happy and I love that God gave them to me!

Well that’s all I’ve got for now! I hope everyone has a great week and rest of January!

Steph.

0 comments: