Oh how I love Spring!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

DSC_9296_edited-1

I can’t believe the wheather we have had. First winter was the mildest ever – and now spring is here early! Not that I’m complaining because I LOVE spring! The trees and bushes are blooming all over the place and that makes me a happy girl. I could use some happiness lately after my disappointment in camera shopping. LOL I had heard such great things about the Nikon D7000, so when we got out tax refund, I ordered one. It came at the beginning of this month and I tried to love it – I really did. It just didn’t perform as I expected. I don’t know if I got a bad one or what but I had the HARDEST time getting a clear in focus picture on it. I tried every setting imaginable but it just wasn’t happening consistently. I would try the same settings on the new one as I had on my old one and the pics on my old camera were better. So after 2 weeks of agonizing over it, I sent it back on Friday. It broke my heart because I really did want that camera – but it just wasn’t meant to be. . . so now I wait for it to arrive at Amazon and wait for my refund. That in itself makes me a nervous wreck. I have never shipped anything as expensive as that before. I’m really hoping and praying it makes it back in one piece and I can get my money back!

So since the camera didn’t work out, I decided to treat myself to a new camera bag to make my old camera feel more loved. haha I ordered an Ephiphanie pink Stella. It should arrive on Wednesday – I’ll let  you know how I like it. =)  I have also signed up to audit Karen Russell’s class again. If you have never taken a photography class before, I highly recommend Karen’s Snapshots of a Good Life class. She is an amazing instructor. Not only is she very thorough but she is so good to her past students. I took the first one 2 years ago. She allows past students to audit her class for only $95.00, which to me is a great deal for so much information. When I took the last class, I really didn’t take the time to go through it all, because I got in on the last few weeks of class and by that time I just felt too overwhelmed so now I will have a fresh start and can go along with the others in the lessons. Because I am auditing I won’t get  chance to send in photos to be critiqued BUT I will have access to the message board and can ask questions throughout the entire class. That to me was worth the $$$! So, it starts on April 2 and I can’t wait. I found that over the winter I kind of quit taking photos for a while. I took some here and there but I think I was just kind of burnt out after trying to get good ones of my son’s senior pics, and not having much success. So I took a little break but now that spring is in bloom I am back to wanting to photograph everything around me, and that is a good thing. I did miss it!

In other news, I am probably growing more grey hairs as I type this, because yesterday my son got his motorcycle drivers license. He took a safety course and passed the test there and yesterday he went and got his drivers license updated so that he can officially drive a motorcycle. He doesn’t have one yet but when he does I am sure it will not be easy to get use to. As a medical transcriptionist I know what can happen to motorcycle drivers. I know that it isn’t an everyday thing but still . . . the risk is there. My brother has one and he told my son to assume that everyone is going to hit him because cars just do not see motorcycles. That sure makes me feel better.  NOT. So everyone out there – while your driving your cars, PLEASE keep an eye out for motorcyclists. Their life just might depend on it.

Well that’s it for now. Sorry for the long post but I haven’t typed one in a LONG time! Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! Enjoy the spring weather!

0 comments: