I’ve been a busy girl lately!!!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wow – the last few months have literally FLOWN by. Where do I even begin? Well, first off, in May, my daughter graduated from college.      Heather-graduation-watermar          

We didn’t know for sure if she was going to participate in the ceremony in May or in December, because she is doing her internship this summer. So a couple of weeks before graduation we found out she could actually graduate in May. LOL Nothing like last minute planning! My son’s prom was the very same day as graduation. This is just my luck! So we went to her graduation at 1:00 and then I flew home to take pics of him and his date. It was a marathon day but luckily I was able to fit it all in! 

Joey-PROM

Then, the first week of June, we (my daughter and I) drove to New York where she is doing her summer internship. She is staying with a good friend and her family, and was so excited to be going to New York. I drove the 16 hour trip with her, and flew home after a couple of days there. We took the train to see the city, which was a lot of fun. I got to see some of the highlights such as Trump Towers, Central Park, the huge FAO Schwartz where Tom Hanks played the piano at, haha (yes – I am aging myself but I loved the movie Big when it came out!). As we were leaving, we walked through Times Square. My feet were killing me from all the walking! I really wanted to go to the B&H store, but guess what? They are closed on Saturdays. Who closes on Saturdays? I mean, really? :) Here are a few of my favorite NY photos:

NY-ABC-station-in-Times-Squ NY-Central-ParkNY-Empire-state-building

NY-Apple-store NY-Big-Piano NY-Pretzels   NY-Lego-Statue-of-Liberty NY-MacysNY-long-beach   NY-Taxi's  NY-trump-towers

NY-Brooklyn-BridgeNY-Welcome-to-NY-at-airport 

NY-Times-square

Anyway – after flying home, a week later I had to prepare for my son’s graduation from high school. Joey-graduationIt seriously makes me sad how fast they grow up. He is still working as a busboy and is working a lot this summer. He is planning on staying here for at least a year, going to school locally, then he is thinking of going to U of I in Champaign in a couple of years. At least that is the plan far now!

Last up is my recent trip to New Orleans. My daughter was asked to present her case study at the NATA conference there this past week, so I tagged along to see the sights!

 presentation photo_filtered

Here she is with Jen Plos, who is the Assistant Professor of Kinesiology at WIU.

I was only there 1 full day, but I still had a lot of fun. I loved walking around the French Quarter, looking at all the wrought iron and there is a beautiful church and museum there.

beadscarriage

waterfountain-nolaLA-State-Museum

maskspalm-trees-NOLAbird-in-nola

fence-in-nolachurch-in-nolafountain

other-fountain 

Also, I visited the flea market and had a lot of fun walking around looking at all the things for sale.

The trees there were gorgeous. I don’t know what kind they are but I loved the pink flowers on them!

trees-in-nola

I sure wish I could travel more. I love to travel and see new places. This was my first time flying alone, and I was really nervous about finding where I needed to go, etc., but it actually was no trouble at all. I’m no expert by any means, but after flying home from New York alone and flying to and from New Orleans by myself, I definitely gained some confidence!

Well, thats it for now! No more trips planned in the near future, so the next big event is my high school reunion in July. I offered to do a photo slideshow, but so far no one has sent me any pictures. This should be interesting! haha 

Here are a few photos from the airplane. I love seeing the clouds from their level! :)

clouds-from-plane

In-the-clouds

Thanks for stopping by!

signature with camera

1 comments:

ConnieDawn said...

Awesome pictures Steph! Wish I had been able to join in with you and and your daughter!