Interesting morning . . .

Friday, April 18, 2008

I get up at 4:30 am each morning to get ready for work. I get ready in my basement bathroom, so that i don't wake my whole family up so early. I had just washed my hair and was getting ready to blow dry it when the mirror and lights above it started shaking. I thought at first that I was imagining things . . . then I started to worry that it was a tornado, or strong winds. I couldn't imagine why wind would affect me in the basement, though! I was honestly scared to go upstairs for fear that there would be NO upstairs! LOL I looked outside once I got upstairs and noticed it was not windy at all. Still, I had no idea what happened. Then after I got to work, all my coworkers were talking about the earthquake we had. So THATS what it was!!! Apparently it was a 5.2 on the Richter scale - pretty big for our area. It happened in southern Illinois, but affected a large area around it, including most of Illinois, Cincinatti, and St. Louis. Its not common for us to have earthquakes and honestly, this was the first one I had ever experienced. What a way to start a Friday out!!! Thats my news for now - will post more later! Hope you are all having a fabulous day. Talk to you soon!

0 comments: