Happy 2008 - ???

Friday, January 11, 2008

Well - I'm not quite sure how this year is going to go yet - its been a strange few days so far. Today I had a meeting with my supervisor at work - in a matter of months, I (along with two others who share my job) will most likely not be needed anymore - due to the advancement of computer technology, and due to low census. I am happy, sad and scared about this new news. I have known that the end was coming - I just didn't think it would be so soon. On the one hand, I am ready for a change so this could be a blessing in disguise. But on the other hand, I am a creature of comfort - I don't like the idea of starting over. I have been at my job for 6 years and while it is not the most exciting job I have ever had it is comfortable, and I am good at what I do. I am able to work part time and I don't have to work weekends. Finding any job these days - let alone part time - will be a challenge. Wish me luck in my search!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that your job is about to end. That is a bummer. But what do they say, "When one door closes, another one opens!"
Good luck with your new job search.
Christie (cme37)

Samantha said...

Good luck in your new adventure! I'm right there with ya :)

Christina Carnoy said...

good luck finding a job. I love your new banner!

Anonymous said...

Wow...that's a bummer to hear. Good luck! I'm rooting for you!