Sunday, October 21, 2007

Creating Keepsakes Convention

Well - after waiting for what seemed like forever, the time finally came to start loading up my Jeep to go to my first scrapbook convention! Not only was it my first convention, but it was also my first road trip - all by myself! I was a little nervous but also pretty excited! I was also a little disappointed too, because the class that I was looking most forward to was cancelled at the 11th hour - it was a backstage party with Becky Higgins. I just love her work and was soooo looking forward to meeting her. She had to cancel because her little girl was hospitalized with croup. I totally understood though - it is so hard to have a sick child, and to have one hospitalized was I am sure very scary for her. Luckily, her daughter is doing better now and on the road to recovery. So, as they say - the show must go on!

I had beautiful weather on the way there - right until I got into Kansas City. At that point the clouds started to roll in, but luckily I missed out on the bad storms that were in the area. My first stop was to hit up the local Archivers. I love that store and since I don't have one, I have to go whenever I find one nearby! After checking out the Archivers, and going to the Borders next door, I grabbed some supper and headed back to the hotel. I was so exhausted from the drive that I was in bed by 8:30 - how crazy is that!



Friday, I got up early and took advantage of the 9:00 early admission to Vendor Faire! There was a huge line to get in but overall the crowd was not too bad. I really enjoyed myself looking at paper, ribbons, brads, stickles, punches, inks, etc. and was really proud of myself because I didn't buy all that much. After shopping, I met a couple of CKMB girls for lunch! Both were very sweet - it was a good time! I had a 3:30 class in the afternoon, and then hit up the local Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I took two more classes on Saturday before heading home (and, of course, had to squeeze in Vendor Faire a little more too!). The trip home was pretty good - but no matter how much fun it is to get away - it is ALWAYS good to come home.

If I hadn't been alone, I may have ventured out to see some of the KC sites, but all in all, I had a great time in KC!

0 comments: